The Three C’s of Life:
choices, chances, changes
You must make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE or your life will never CHANGE.
The Shorinjiryu World Combined Headquarters along with the World Koshiki Karatedo Federation are appealing to all Shorinjiryu and Koshiki practitioners past and present to join in raising funds to create a special memorial statue for Kaiso Masayoshi “Kori” Hisataka to be constructed and placed in Okinawa.
All practitioners of Shorinjiryu and Koshiki can trace their participation in Shorinjiryu to the tireless efforts of Kaiso Hisataka in building the legacy which is now represented by practitioners and dojos around the world. No matter the name of your teacher or your dojo, you can trace your involvement in Shorinjiryu back to Kaiso. In the world of Shorinjiryu, he is everyone’s generous grandfather.
It is truly a magnificent accomplishment that he started so long ago. By virtue of Kaiso’s efforts we have all benefited and have grown in our personal development. For many of us we continue his tradition of giving back to others as we spread the lessons of Shorinjiryu far and wide. This is the most important lesson from Kaiso: to use the teaching and practice of Karatedo for personal development and perfecting the character.
In reflecting on the wonderful gift that Kaiso has provided us, and considering the time that has passed, the Hombu dojo feels that it is now an appropriate time to honor the memory and efforts of Kaiso through a memorial statue for all to see and enjoy as a place of reverence and remembrance. The memorial statue will be erected in Okinawa, the birthplace or modern Karatedo, and the original birthplace of Shorinjiryu and Kaiso. The statue will provide a lasting reminder of the great achievement of Kaiso and will be a place of pilgrimage for Shorinjiryu practitioners from around the world. Above right is an example of the type of statue that is to be erected.
Please join the Shorinjiryu World Combined Headquarters in making the Kaiso Memorial Statue a reality by giving to fund.
To donate see link at: http://www.shorinjiryu-hombu.com/special-memorial-kaiso/
PUMA Men’s Redon Move Fashion Sneaker Review
The martial arts shoes are used only for improving performance and safety. These shoes are not for fashion. Many renowned martial arts accessories producing brand supply simple and durable martial arts shoes. They try to provide the users with a pair of shoes or sneakers that can help the users in training better. You may not like the design and appearance of all the shoes. However, there is a famous brand that is providing impressive looking martial arts shoes that provide all the needed features. These are the Puma martial arts shoes. The PUMA Men’s Redon Move Fashion Sneaker has got a huge response from the pros and beginners. Let’s find out what makes these shoes so special.
Puma is one of the world’s leading sports accessories, shoes and clothing manufacturing brands. It supplies its products all around the globe. People trust Puma for the quality and the performance of its shoes. When it comes to the Puma martial arts shoes, you can rely on this brand for buying an impressive and feature-rich pair of shoes. This company spends a long time on researching how the footwear can improve the user’s performance or meet all of his/her demands. The PUMA Men’s Redon Move Fashion Sneaker has an eye-catching design, built from synthetic leather, and rubber-made outsole makes it perfect for martial arts training.
Many features turn Puma martial arts shoes into a perfect pair of shoes for learning and practicing the self defense techniques. Those features are as follows:
- Many people have bought these martial arts shoes and many of them have reported that the shoes are extremely grippy. The rubber outsole offers perfect grip on all sorts of floor so that you can be stable and move freely.
- The upper material is synthetic leather the offer a charming look to the shoes. In addition, these shoes are tough and the best for rough uses.
- You can also use these Puma martial arts shoes for running, jogging, and martial arts workouts. The flexibility of these shoes makes them a versatile choice for different kind of uses.
- Some users have also reported that these shoes are ideal for driving. Though it is not a benefit related to martial arts training, still the flexibility and toughness of rubber sole makes it perfect for long distance driving.
- These are super lightweight shoes and therefore it would be easier for you to practice the leg moves and gain a better mobility.
Just like other martial arts shoes, the Puma martial arts shoes also have a narrow space for the toes. Not every user will find it comfortable, especially during the initial days of the martial arts training. These shoes are available only in two colors, black and white. All the features and a few drawbacks are explained in this review.
The province’s ColonCancerCheck program is introducing a new, free take-home colon cancer test kit this summer. The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is writing a story in our internal newsletter about the importance of checking for colon cancer.
ColonCancerCheck: Colorectal Screening Program
ColonCancerCheck is Ontario’s population-based, province-wide, organized screening program designed to increase screening participation and reduce deaths from colorectal cancer:
- The ColonCancerCheck program recommends screening with an at-home test – the fecal occult blood test – once every 2 years for people who do not have symptoms and who do not have a family history of colorectal cancer.
- People who do not have symptoms and who do not have a family history of colorectal cancer may choose to be screened with flexible sigmoidoscopy every 10 years.
- ColonCancerCheck recommends against screening for colorectal cancer using metabolomic (blood or urine) tests, DNA (blood or stool) tests, computed tomography colonography, capsule colonoscopy and double contrast barium enema.
- People who have a first-degree relative (i.e., parent, sibling or child) with a history of colorectal cancer are at increased risk. It is recommended that they get screened with colonoscopy beginning at age 50, or 10 years earlier than the age their relative was diagnosed, whichever occurs first.
Organized screening programs, such as ColonCancerCheck, provide important quality benefits by:
- inviting people to participate in screening
- reminding participants when it is time for their next screening test
- notifying participants of their screening results
- tracking participants throughout the screening process
- evaluating program quality and performance
Where to Get Fecal Occult Blood Test Kits
ColonCancerCheck fecal occult blood test (FOBT) kits are available from family doctors and nurse practitioners. People without a family doctor or nurse practitioner can get a kit by contacting Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-828-9213.
For more information, visit the ColonCancerCheck website.
Japanese family crests (mon, monsho or kamon) are somewhat similar to European coats of arms in heraldry.
Japanese crests originated as badges woven into clothing such as Japanese crests originated as badges woven into clothing such as haori, happi coats and kimono to distinguish the members of a particular clan.
In the above picture, we have Kaiso Masayoshi Kori Hisataka in traditional formal wear with the family kamon, the Hidari-mitsudomoe (“left threefold tomoe“), he is entitled to wear as a descendant of Okinawan royalty, and its usage was once severely restricted in Okinawa.
Family crests were added to the flags, arms and armor of the samurai. Well-known mon include the chrysanthemum crest of the Emperor, the three hollyhock design of the Tokugawa family and the three water chesnuts in the Mitsubishi logo.
Family crests are also seen in the rounded ceramic roof tiles of surviving samurai houses.
If someone you love has passed away, perhaps this poem will help your grief. I personally found it helpful when my Dad passed away in March 2000, and I discovered it again when my sister passed away in April 2013.
He Gathers Every Teardrop
Regardless of the circumstance,
Regardless of the fear,
Regardless of the pain we bear,
Regardless of the tear,
Our God is ever in control,
Performing as he should.
And he has promised in His word
To work things out for our good.
But as a loving father would
He sometimes lets us cry:
To cleanse the hurt out of our heart
To wash it from our eyes.
Yet gently he gathers the tears
Within his hand to stay,
Until he turns them into pearls
And gives them back someday.